Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Social Media Strikes EXPRESS Co.


Since the rise of Web 2.0, media tools such as wikis, facebook, twitter, and myspace to name a few have been used on industries to raise awareness for their companies and increase revenues for their sales. EXPRESS Co., a famous name brand clothing company has recently used these innovative social media tools to its advantage and have created a Facebook and Twitter page to promote their brand.
EXPRESS's facebook page consists of a mini version of their actual homepage on the left side of the page, and some videos depicting some of the company's models.As the page transcends, the user can voice their opinion by leaving a comment regarding EXPRESS stores or their current merchandise. The company has also used Twitter to promote their sales and current designs.
I believe that EXPRESS Co. has opened the path to a whole new way of marketing, their Facebook and Twitter pages will create uproar and will soon allure many new customers. So what are you waiting for, subscribe to an EXPRESS Facebook or Twitter page and obtain the latest trends.

If you have any questions please visit this page:http://www.express.com/home.jsp

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I agree that that Express has "opened the path to a whole new way of marking" but would have to include that Express is not the only company that is paving its way in this new method of marketing.

Kirby said...

I'm not sure I would be too eager to sign up for either of these to be honest. While I do really like Express and their clothing line, I would be afraid that if i signed up for their Facebook/Twitter pages, my inbox, wall, or whatever would be filled up with their promotions and news. I already have an email inbox and a mailbox which require me to constantly sift through junk mail, I don't really want to add Facebook and Twitter to this list, YA DIG!?!