Monday, February 23, 2009

OCARINA: iPhones New Way of Playing


With the technology raising day to day; iphone an innovative telephone has come up with a new way of gaming. iPhone experts have come up with an instrumental game called OCARINA. This game enables users to sing and compete worldwide with other gamers. Ocarina is a device that is "sensitive to your breath, touch and movement". "There are no pre-complied riffs so musicians will find unlimited opportunities for self-expression. Advanced options allow you to choose between diatonic, minor and harmonic scales". This game enables users to tap into the social sphere by competing against others world wide, users will be able to rate their performances and even name their Ocarina if they please. Ocarina is easy to use, by just blowing into your phone's microphone you will be able to record your music. If you choose to change your vibrato you can easily do so by tilting your phone. After your done recording your music, you can easily share it with friends and family members via e-mail, or by displaying them on "My Ocarina" webpage.

I believe that this is a fun and interesting way of gaming. This new era of social media networking is bringing new ways to connect with others worldwide. This new game can enable people to show of their talents and engage in interpersonal interaction.

If you have any questions please visit this website: http://ocarina.smule.com/

4 comments:

Jesse said...

I got my iPhone a month after it came out, this was the first phone I knew I had to have. Ever since then, the iPhone's technology continually surprises me. The thing about the iPhone is that entrepreneurs really benefit from this, by making a simple application, the maker (depending on how well the ap. is made) may make a good amount of money, and/or establish a well rounded network to further a career.

From the touch screen to the aps., and now OCARINA, the iPhone is truly worth it. I am always on it!

Anonymous said...

iPhones seem like fun, and while I don't need nor want to pay that much money for a phone I think that the variety of applications available for it create an electronic device that can reach out to many different demographics. This has been key to the iPhone's success, and really Apple's as a whole.

rcampsey said...

I want an iphone soooo bad! My boyfriend has one, and he loves this application. I think it is really neat that you can listen to people across the world playing a tune on their phone. It is amazing how advanced technology is. I can't wait to see what they will come up with next!

Kirby said...

A few months ago, I went to Barton Springs Mall to pick up a wire I needed. It just happened to be the same day that they released the new iPhone. I swear, there were so many people/police running around everywhere that if I hadn't known better, i would have thought Bono was visiting or something. Yeah, people like the iPhone. I've played around with my friend's a couple times and defiantly found it to be cool. Nonetheless, I don't know if I would go through that much trouble to get one. To be honest, all I really want my cell phone to do is make calls, send texts, and have an alarm clock. Anything above that I could care less about. I will admit the Ocarina does sound pretty cool (Zelda?)