Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jump Cut's Creations


This past week lecture focused on our most upcoming project, a 1 minute video. Our professor gave our class a number of video editing sites that allowed us to create our own video; I chose Jumpcut as my video editing site. Although I don't know much of editing software, I may admit that Jumpcut did not seem to be very hard to understand. The program seems to be very self explanatory. Although the video editing site may seem to work proficiently,trying to create a video did not seem easy. Uploading pictures, inserting effects, and inputting texts may seem easy to do within a matter of minutes but trying to concise everything into a video did not seem easy.

I think that Jumpcut is a good website to use to create your own video. The site seems to be very user friendly and easy to understand.I believe that this site is a great website that can enhance your own understanding on video editing while perfecting your skills.

6 comments:

Alex said...

I am amazed at the ability to create content in the cloud these days. It really makes the accessibility of web tools grow.

Sara M said...

I've never made a video before, and I wonder if this will inspire me to join the millions on Youtube and become a 1% person. I never thought I could do it, but just as with blogging, making video content seems to be more accessible with these programs.

Anonymous said...

I also found Jump Cut to be one of the easier sites to use for our Video project. The more we have been learning about the power one person holds in making a difference, the more excited I get when I think about becoming one of the firecracker posters. You know, one of the few thousand that happen to make a viral video that catches on and ends up on VH1's Best week ever because it is so popular. Heres hoping all of our videos go well!

Anonymous said...

I read an article the other day that Jumpcut is going to be shut down on June 15th of this year. Thank goodness it's after our assignment is due! I have been using it and find it very easy to set up. I'm sad that it's shutting down, but not before I get to experience it.

Jesse said...

I'm excited about the project because like blogging and podcasting, I had never done anything like it. At the same time, however, I'm intimidated because no matter how easy they've made the site, one has to give it time and begin a continuous trial and error.

Kirby said...

I tried to Jaycut for my project and ran into similar problems too. In addintion to what you mentioned, I also noticed that when I added stills and pictures into the movie, it significantly reduced the quality of the image. The looked very grainy and at times, even out of focus. This even applied to the slides that were all black and only contained text on them.