Sunday, April 26, 2009

Video Project!

The social issue that I chose for this particular project was Global Warming. As a true advocate of Global Warming, I decided to create a video that represented vivid scenarios of the cause. But before I could create my own video, I first had to choose editing software that would help me generate my own original work. After careful deliberation, I decided to use the program Jaycut. Jaycut proved to be a very meticulous site to work with. At first Jaycut seemed to be straightforward; the program had tabs that indicated were everything was placed but as soon as I finished downloading the pictures I began to have some technical difficulties. For some odd reason, I could not get the transitions and the picture to properly connect. But after viewing the help video, I was able to somewhat fix the problem. After that, I tried to insert some music but that apparently did not go as planned. The Jaycut program froze my slides and muted my music. Although this occurred, I managed to unfreeze the slides and input the appropriate wording to prove my point across.
My video consisted of vivid images that represented Global Warming. I began my video with a picture that resembles a busy urban street with people walking by; I chose this piece because it represented the busy lives that we all have. Within the picture I inserted text that stated:“Stop Overconsupmtion…” I chose these words because the picture represents how much a person overuses goods such as cars, and electricity. The next slide consisted of a picture that showcased hundreds of cars and people. The slide after that also showed cars halted by a huge line of traffic. I selected these pictures as an example of how much CO2 is being consumed. In my next two slides I showed coal plants that depicted thick clouds of smog. Within one of the pictures I inserted text that stated “Reduce Co2 Emissions” as a caution. The next slide consisted of a picture of a farm and acres of land. I picked this picture as a representation of how we’re supposed to preserve our land for cultivation. The next two slides illustrate animal pictures; I chose these images so that people can begin to preserve our wildlife. The next image embodied a picture of the planet Earth covered in water. I selected this image as a representation of what the Earth can face if we continue with our lifestyle. My last image consisted of a man with a sign that stated: “Stop Global Warming”.
I decided to create a video regarding Global Warming because I believe that this is a serious subject that many disregard. Regardless of what skeptics believe, there have been signs that state that our overconsumption and mistreatment of the world has caused changes in the Earth’s atmosphere. The video is just a plea to stop over utilizing commodities, and help preserve our surroundings by reducing the use of fossil fuels, and by limiting our use of goods.

Music by: Garage band's Missing Edge Band

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, and thanks for trying out Jaycut. But just as you say the site has some issues! Thus we've for the past year been working on an all new version of the video editor which seems to be seeting a new standard. If you're intereted in trying a closed beta of it, send a mail to info AT jaycut DOT com and reference me here :)

Best,
Jonas (co-founder)

Used Printing Equipment said...

it could have helped if you posted images that supports the topic you advocate that interests more on the readers.just saying..